March 3rd 1863 Treasury Note $10 Bill Value

Value of Ten Dollar Interest Bearing Treasury Note from 1864


Year:  1863 / 1864 Type:  Interest Bearing Treasury Note Denomination:  Ten Dollar Bill
Value:  All interest bearing notes are rare.  The exact value is just based on the condition
We purchase all $10 interest bearing notes.  Send us an email to tell us what you have  We will respond quickly with our opinion and offer.
Description:  Interest bearing ten dollar bills are a type of collectible United States currency.  These were printed during the Civil War.  Salmon Chase is featured on the right hand side of the bill.  The center of the bill shows an eagle clutching the United States flag.  The female figure is supposed to represent peace.  These will all say Act of March 3rd 1863.  However, there could be any date from 1864 printed in red.  The serial numbers and and seal are also in red.

Interest bearing $10 treasury notes are rare.  There are only about 40 known to exist.  You can purchase a note in heavily circulated condition for a few thousand dollars.  However, choice very fine examples and better are almost unheard of.  These traded hands frequently, and as such tend to be in low grades.

Please send us a picture of any interest bearing note you have.  We would like a chance to make an offer.




Variations:  If your interest bearing ten dollar note is from the Act of July 1864 – then it is extremely rare.

The slightly more common notes are from the Act of March 3, 1863.  And there are are two varieties to the March 3rd 1863 issue.  About 25% of the notes known are printed by The American Bank Note Company, the other 75% are printed by The Bureau of Engraving and Printing.  Needless to say, please contact us if you have any type of interest bearing ten dollar note.

Inscriptions:  This Note Is A Legal Tender For Ten Dollars  –  Act of March 3rd 1863  –  One Year After Date The United States Will Pay To The Bearer With Five Percent Interest Ten Dollars  –  Treasury Note  –  Register Of The Treasury  –  Treasurer Of The United States  –  This note is a legal tender at its face value excluding interest, for all debts public and private, except duties on imports and interest on the public debt, Counterfeiting or altering this note, or passing any counterfeit or alteration of it, or having in possession any false or counterfeit plate or impression of it, or any paper made in imitation of the paper on which it is printed, is felony, and punishable by $1,000 fine, or 15 year imprisonment at labor or both.